Adsense

Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Birthday Girl Bash


While on break, I’ve been lucky enough to get to see more of my extended family. Last night, my parents and I went over to my cousin Kimberly’s house to celebrate her 8th birthday. Not only did she seem excited that her family was there, but also what birthday girl wouldn’t love an awesome three-tiered Princess Elsa birthday cake. Her party was family only with guests comprised of either my aunts and uncles who are roughly my parents’ age or my cousins who are all in elementary school. Kimberly’s oldest brother and my 14-year-old cousin Carlos was the person closest to my age, but he spent a good part of the festivities asleep in his room, tired from his busy day. While a kid’s party may seem like a pretty boring way to spend a Friday night, I actually had a lot of fun. Sure this generation of cousins may be a lot younger then me, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t also want to get to know or spend time with them. As kids, they’re so honest, funny, and happy, so I always have fun with them and we never run out of things to talk about! All I know is that childhood goes by extremely quickly and I don’t want to miss out on them growing up, so I’m glad I’m here now enjoying my time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment