Adsense

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Roaming La Rioja


After visiting the Basque country, our class traveled to the region of La Rioja. We spent an hour at the world famous wine museum of Vivanca, where I also enjoyed my first wine tour and tasting. Afterwards, a small group of us enjoyed a pinchos dinner in the small town of Haro, where I ordered a mini hamburger and a lobster and mushroom tart. Pinchos are a small snack, traditional of northern Spain, and related to tapas with the only difference being that pinchos are typically spiked with a toothpick and served with a piece of bread. The next morning, after visiting a small church, we went on another wine and tour tasting. The wine was not as good, but at least the feel of this bodega was more intimate then the first one. This class trip to the Basque country and La Rioja exceeded my expectations and I’m so glad I went and got to see another side of Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment