Adsense

Monday, March 9, 2015

Paris, je t'aime Part 2


After a six hour train ride, I was back in Paris! My first stop was the Musee D’Orsay. While it was nowhere near the immense size of the Louvre, I really did love and took my time on the fifth floor, filled with European impressionist artwork of the 19th and 20th centuries. Afterwards, I went to Pierre Herme, where I bought chocolate, rose, and caramel macarons and a croissant ispahan to go. Those treats tasted like heaven in my mouth and were my favorite foods in France.

Then, at Laurent Dubois, known as the best fromagerie in Paris, I bought a slice of Brie cheese and a baguette from a bakery near my hostel. After resting a little in the hostel, I headed back out into the town to go up the Eiffel Tower. Overlooking the city, I still couldn’t believe that I was there, in Paris, one of the greatest cities in the world. On my last day, I took a metro to the Pantheon, which used to be a basilica but then it was transformed into a secular temple where the French greats now lie in peace. I saw the tombs of Pierre and Marie Curie, Victor Hugo, and Voltaire to name a few.

After that visit, I went to lunch at Le Bistrot Paul Bert. The souffle a la mernier filled my heart with happiness, if it’s even possible for dessert to do that for people. That night, I also enjoyed salted caramel and chocolate gelato at Berthillon. It was honestly on par with authentic Italian gelato, maybe even better, and was the sweetest way to end my last night in Paris. I walked back home, strolling across the Seine River, and was honestly so happy just to be in this city of lights. I cannot wait to return or for my next travel adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment